Thursday, May 31, 2007

Preserve the English Language

I have issues. Issues with people who can't seem to bring themselves to pronounce their words correctly. Believe me, I am far from the worst grammar nazi you will ever meet (basic subject-verb agreement will do just fine thank you) but what I am about to show you are blatant attacks on the English language, the victim of these instances of utter stupidity.

It's...

"CHEVY" not "CHIVY"

"IHOP" not "ODDHOP"

"MISSOURI" not "MISSOURA"

"CHESS" not "CHEST"

"VALENTINES" not "VALENTIMES"

"WASH" not "WARSH"

"WINDOW" not "WINDA"

"WREATH" not "REEF"

"LIBRARY" not "LIBARY"

"ASKED" not "AXED"

"ESPECIALLY" not "ECSPECIALLY" (Similarly, "ESCAPED" not "ECSCAPED")

And lastly, just say the damn word without all of the "LOL I just LMAO and OMG you're like my BFF forever... TTYL!"


I've heard many other sad examples like these lately, but being as uberly ADD and absent-minded as I am can't think of them right now. So now I'm off to do the laundry and clean the dishes I was supposed to have taken care of yesterday, but forgot. Procrastination... it's an addictive habit. Don't start.

No comments: