Thursday, May 17, 2007

Overheard at the Grocery Store

I had to make another trip to the store today, this time to get some film developed. If you've read my previous posts (namely the one two days ago) you'd probably gather that very odd things seem to happen to me when I decide to go shopping. They do.

Two young girls, probably in their early twenties, were standing in the check-out line when one of them turned to the other and said in a tone she might use to talk about her nail polish, “I haven’t heard from Christine today. I guess she overdosed.”

Do you think one of the reasons Christine might have overdosed is that the friends in her life, when struck with the possibility that she might be DEAD, do not check to make sure she is fine and instead hit the grocery store to buy some Gatorade?!

I think this might quite possibly be God's way of telling me to limit my store visits.

No comments: